MSME – DEVELOPMENT & FACILITATION OFFICE, DIMAPUR
The Services Offered by MSME Development and Facilitation Office
- Implementation of Schemes and Services pertaining to MSME sector of Govt. of India.
- Advising the Government in policy formulation for the promotion and development of MSMEs.
- Maintaining a close liaison with the Central Ministries, State Governments, Financial Institutions and other Organisations concerned with development of MSMEs.
- Evolving and coordinating Policies and Programmes for development of MSMEs as ancillaries to large industries.
(a) Technical Assistance
(i) Technical Assistance
The MSME – Development & Facilitation Office, Dimapur guides prospective and existing entrepreneurs in selection of product, process & machinery, Plant layout, Raw material selection, Modernization, infrastructure Development, Quality improvement, Product development, Energy conservation, Pollution control, MSME Registration, etc. This institute provides a comprehensive range of facilities and services such as techno-managerial services & consultancy, training needs, common facility workshop, laboratories, statistical and economic information in the state of Nagaland. This Institute has a team of dedicated and experienced officers in various trades like, Mechanical,Glass & Ceramic, Economics & Statistics disciplines.Entrepreneurs may visit the Institute and consult the concerned trade Officers on any working day (Monday to Friday).
(ii) Cluster Development
This Institute provides techno-managerial assistance for development of clusters in the State. Under Office of DC MSME Cluster Development Programme, MSME DI, Dimapur has 5 on-going common facility centre (CFCs) projects in Nagaland. And also 1 ongoing Infrastructure Development (ID) Projects (Industrial Estate) in Nagaland.
1. To support the sustainability and growth of MSEs by addressing common issues such as improvement of technology, skills & quality, market access, etc.
2. To build capacity of MSEs for common supportive action through formation of self-help groups, consortia, upgradation of associations, etc.
3. To create/upgrade infrastructural facilities in the new/existing Industrial Areas/Clusters of MSEs.
4. To set up Common Facility Centres (for testing, training, raw material depot, effluent treatment, complementing production processes, etc).
5. Promotion of green & sustainable manufacturing technology for the clusters so as to enable units switch to sustainable and green production processes and products.
(iii) Project Profiles
This Institute prepares and updates project profiles on select viable projects in the micro and small-scale sector. These profiles contain brief information about the product, ISI specifications, manufacturing process, requirement of capital, manpower and materials, economics of working, market and address of suppliers of raw materials and machinery.
(iv) Seminars and Workshop
This Institute organises different type of Awareness, Seminars and Workshop for MSMEs like incubator Schemes, Energy Efficiency Technology, Design Clinic, IPR Scheme, ZED Schemes, Lean Manufacturing, etc.
Specific studies modernization and technical / technological upgradation of units are taken up under this programme.
(vi) Capacity Assessments
Capacity Assessments of MSMEs Unit are conducted on payment of prescribed fee.
(b) Skill Development
MSME- Development & Facilitation Dimapur regularly organizes training programmes for prospective entrepreneurs, for management personnel of MSEs and for developing skills required for small enterprises. Developing Human Resources through training and skill upgradation. The training programmes are of Five categories
1.Industrial Motivation Campaign (IMC) for youth - 1 to 2 Days duration
2.Industrial Motivation Campaign (IMC) for Cluster - 1 Day duration
3.Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme (EAP)- 2 weeks duration
4.Entrepreneurship Skill Development Programme (ESDP)- 6 weeks duration
5.Management Development Programme (MDP)- 2 weeks duration
(c) Entrepreneurship Facilitation Cell (EFC)
The Entrepreneurship Facilitation Cell in the MSME – Development Institute, Dimapur guides prospective and existing entrepreneurs in setting up of new units, selection of product, process & machinery, Plant layout, Raw material selection, Modernization, Quality improvement, Product development, Energy conservation, Pollution control, MSME Registration, etc. Entrepreneurs may visit the Institute and consult the EFC Officers on any working day (Monday to Friday).
(d) Market Development
MSME-Development & Facilitation Office Dimapur assists Micro and Small Enterprises in expanding their market base by assisting them in creating market linkages, through many promotional measures. The Institute regularly organizes Vendor Development Programmes at National and State level. These programmes provide an ideal platform for the MSEs to exhibit their capabilities. Large Scale Units / Public Sector Enterprises are invited to exhibit their requirements. The common platform helps the PSUs in identifying suitable vendors for their outsourcing needs while MSEs find good markets in meeting their demands.
(e) Export Promotion Facilitation Cell
MSME Development & Facilitation Office Dimapur provides guidance to entrepreneurs for export promotion activities and also organizes training programmes on Export Management- Export Packaging- Export Marketing- Export Policies and Procedures etc. It facilitates small scale units in participating in International Trade Fairs in various countries.
(f) Economic Investigation & Statistics
(i) Industrial Potentiality Survey Reports:
This Institute guides prospective entrepreneurs in selection of products and location. It periodically prepares District Industrial Potentiality Survey Reports of all the 12 districts of Nagaland. Preparation of District/State Industrial Profile Reports and Providing economic information services. Entrepreneurs may visit the Institute and consult the concerned trade Officers on any working day (Monday to Friday).
(ii) Study of sick units:
MSME Development & Facilitation Office Dimapur conducts Diagnostic studies for identifying the reasons for sickness of sick units. Proposals for rehabilitation of the unit are then given.
(g) CHAMPIONS (Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength)
The State Champions Control Room (SCCR) was setup in the institute to resolve / rectify the grievance of MSME units and suggestion from MSMEs in Nagaland.Entrepreneurs may visit the SCCR on any working day.
Three basic objectives of the CHAMPIONS:
1. To help the MSMEs in this difficult situation in terms of finance, raw materials, labour, permissions, etc.
2. To help the MSMEs capture new opportunities including manufacturing of medical items & accessories.
3. To identify the sparks, i.e., the bright MSMEs who can withstand at present and become national and international champions.