About MSME Development and Facilitation Office, Dimapur
MSME Development & Facilitation Office (formerly MSME Development Institute) (MSME - DFO), Dimapur is the field office under Office of Development Commissioner (MSME), Ministry of MSME, Government of India, established in the year 1965 as branch institute, to take care of the needs of MSME sector in the State of Nagaland in the area of Techno-economic and managerial consultancy services and upgraded now as Directorate in the year 2019. MSME-Development Organisation, headed by the Development Commissioner (MSME) under the Ministry of MSME, Government of India, is a Govt. body as well as the Nodal Agency for formulating, coordinating and monitoring the policies and programmes meant for promotion and development of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises throughout the country.
Consequent to the increased globalization of the Indian economy, MSMEs are required to face new challenges. Office of the Development Commissioner (MSME) has recognised the changed environment and is currently focusing on providing support in the fields of credit, marketing, technology and infrastructure to MSMEs. Global trends and national developments have accentuated Office of the Development Commissioner (MSME)'s role as a catalyst of growth of MSMEs in the country.
The MSME – Development & Facilitation Office, Dimapur is providing a comprehensive range of facilities and services such as techno-managerial services, training needs, common facility workshop, statistical and economic information in the state of Nagaland. This Institute has a team of dedicated and experienced officers in various trades like Mechanical, Glass & Ceramic and other disciplines. We offer spectrum of value-added services in the areas of entrepreneurship, Managerial and Techno-economic related services to the customers / MSME. Apart from offering various consultancy and support services, the Institute also conducts Entrepreneurial, Technical and Managerial training programmes for the benefit of prospective and existing entrepreneurs. Our clients are existing Micro, Small and Medium Entrepreneurs and aspiring/ prospective entrepreneurs.
MSME - Development & Facilitation Office, Dimapur maintains close liaisons with State Government Departments and other agencies involved in the promotional and development activities of MSMEs in the State. At present, MSME - Development Institute, Dimapur is covering 16 Districts in Nagaland such as Dimapur, Kohima, Kiphire, Peren, Phek, Mon, Mokokchung, Tuensang, Wokha ,Zunheboto, Noklak, Longleng including the newly formed districts Tseminyu, Niuland, Chumoukedima and Shamator.
- Sustainable Development of Globally Competitive Micro, Small And Medium Enterprises as an Engine of Growth for the India Economy.
- Enhance the competitiveness of the existing enterprises.
- Contribute towards sustainably establishing more number of potential enterprises.
- Accelerate the employment generation.
- Contribute towards economic growth.
- Provide highly skilled Man Power to industries.
- Promote growth and development of Micro, Small and Medium enterprises, including khadi, village and coir industries so as to create new enterprises and more employment opportunities.
- The long-term goal is to enhance manufacturing base in the country by improving performance of MSMEs through skill and entrepreneurship development.
a) For potential (new) Entrepreneurs
- Appropriate adoption of EDP Model.
- Joint screening and selection of candidates.
- Selection of appropriate project.
- Providing hand holding.
b) For existing Entrepreneurs
- Working closely with Industry Associations, State Government bodies and other stakeholders in developing existing enterprises on cluster mode.
- The focus of intervention will be on providing appropriate Business Development and other facilitating services(BDS)
- Leveraging the IT advantage (Internet, Email, Video Conferencing, E-governance etc.) for providing effective services
- Organising need based Seminars/Workshops to create awareness and to update the knowledge.
- Improving competitiveness of MSMEs.
- Promotion of MSMEs through cluster-based approach.
- Facilitation and credit flow to MSMEs.
- Improve manufacturing base through upgradation of technology
- Marketing support to MSMEs.
- Growth and development of MSME including Khadi and Village Industries (KVI) sector.